Saturday, January 22, 2011

Musicals!

Today I’m passionate about…

Musicals! As I’m writing this I am getting ready to watch Mama Mia!  Sometimes there is just nothing more fun than watching a movie where I get to sing along with Meryl Streep.  Growing up I was always a ‘musical’ child.  Kind of--I mean I am in no means a good singer and I’ve never played an instrument, but I love to sing. My mom always makes fun of me because I know all the jingles to commercials and always sing along when they come on.  And so I grew up absolutely loving musical movies! Grease is by far my favorite, I think people are annoyed to watch it with me because I can and do sing every line to every song!  I think I’m so passionate about musicals because there is so much passion in the movies, actors and actresses putting so much more emotion into the movie through music.  It seems like something silly to be passionate about, but I am! Some day I will go to New York and see a real musical!  But for now Mama Mia and Grease on the small screen will have to do!  Do you like musicals? Which one(s)?    

No comments:

Post a Comment