Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Travelling!

Today I’m passionate about…

Travelling!  I absolutely love getting to see new and exciting places.  Growing up we could not afford to travel, so as I’m getting older all I want to do is witness beautiful places and meet amazing people from all over the world.  I was able to experience my first out of the country experience last December.  For my twentieth birthday a couple girlfriends and I went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  It was fabulous—the beaches, the city, the sun, the food, and mainly the people.  Everyone we met in Mexico was extremely friendly and welcoming.  As well, it was so refreshing to see how other people live and how the culture is so different.  Yet—you can also see the similarities and how others have influenced our own culture (how many Mexican restaurants are in your neighborhood?) and how we’ve influenced theirs (hey, that song sounds familiar).  Anyway this trip to Mexico really got me excited to travel and see more places!

So to feed my need to travel, this summer my roommate and I are planning a trip to Bali, Indonesia.( check it out, http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/2002/10/bali-photography?source=sem_esv_G3800&esvcid=S1295493350_ADOGOE_AGI3688132_CRE4330194647_TID330768621_RFDd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20%3d_RAWYmFsaSUyMGluZG9uZXNpYQ%3d%3d&gclid=CNfc2-fox6YCFQEGbAodWCXWGw ) We’ve had a couple people tell us it is an amazing place to see and the people are remarkably nice.  We figure we should travel now while we can still take time off of work and before we have other responsibilities that will make it difficult to leave for weeks at a time.  My mom tells me this all the time, do these things now while we’re young, don’t let opportunities to experience new things pass you up.  And that is one of the many reasons I’m so passionate about travelling, it’s always an adventure and you can’t do anything but learn from the opportunities that arise because of it.  Are you passionate about travelling?  Where have you been? Where are you going?      
                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment