Saturday, February 5, 2011

College!

Today I’m passionate about…



College!  As much as school drives me nuts sometimes, I’m very passionate about learning and expanding opportunities through an education.  Yes, after an all nighter and ten hours of homework I often ask myself “what are you doing here?!”  However, when I am actually learning about a subject that interests me and I feel is going to help me in my professional life, then school is exciting.  In this day, when a masters degree is what a bachelor degree use to be I think a formal education is extremely important.  No one in my family has had the opportunity to go to a University and I feel blessed for the chance to get a degree.

Apart from the education part I think the social aspect of college is huge as well.  I’ve never met so many people from such a variety of backgrounds.  I love it!  In high school, for the most part, people stick with their own group, but in college you get to expand your social circle by including so many different kinds of characters.  Networking is also huge in college.  Who knows, the people I meet today may help me get a job at that company I love five years down the road.  Being open to meeting people can be beneficial in so many ways.

Overall, there are so many reasons why I’m passionate about school.  I think everyone should get some kind of higher education; it only makes you a stronger person.  I wish everyone was given the opportunity to get a higher education…maybe someday!  Are you passionate about school?  What’s your goal in school?   

No comments:

Post a Comment